Out of the night that covers me, 夜色沉沉將我籠罩
Black as the pit from pole to pole. 漆黑猶如地底暗道
I thank whatever gods may be 我要感謝上蒼知曉
For my unconquerable soul. 我的心靈永遠不倒
In the fell clutch of circumstance 環境多麼凶險飄搖
I have not winced nor cried aloud, 我也不會退縮哭嚎
Under the bludgeonings of chance 挑戰有時膽寒心焦
My head is bloody, but unbowed. 血流滿面我不折腰
Beyond this place of wrath and tears 在悲憤與淚水之外
Looms but the horror of the shade, 恐怖陰霾逐漸逼來
And yet the menace of the years 歲月無情威脅迫害
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid. 但我再也無所懼駭
It matters not how strait the gate, 無論通路多麼險窄
How charged with punishments the scroll, 儘管考驗無法躲開
I am the master of my fate: 我是我命運的主宰
I am the captain of my soul. 我是我心靈的統帥
|